As part of its mandate, ARC collects University Heritage materials and makes them available to the public.
This includes the student newspaper The Carleton, later renamed The Charlatan, as well as Rideau River Residence Association publications Needles and The Resin. We also include publications from Carleton University’s administration, including This Week at Carleton, This is Carleton, and course calendars dating back to the 1940’s. To view these documents, please contact the archives.
Available on ARC's photographic database are university heritage photographs including the Carleton University Library Historical Photograph Collection, and photos from the former Public Relations and Information Services, and the Department of Recreation and Athletics. Other fonds, including that of the Board of Governors, Carleton International, and the Department of University Communication also contain university heritage materials.
To aid in your own research into Carleton University's history, please consult the following resources:
- About Carleton – History
- Honourary Degrees Awarded Since 1954
- Deans' Honours List to 2005
- Convocation Video Archive
- Senate Agendas and Minutes to 2005
- Historic Minutes of the Board of Governors to 1942
- Board of Governors Agendas and Minutes to 2005
- Course Calendar Archives
- Carleton Now News Archives to 2003
- Charlatan Archives
- Today@Carleton Archives
- Ravens News Archives - Department of Athletics
- Office of Institutional Research & Planning
- Great Grads - List of Notable Carleton Alumni - Department of Alumni Services
- List of Carleton University People (Including past Presidents and Chancellors) - Wikipedia